The Lawrence House Service Corps, a member program of the Episcopal Service Corps, is a residential faith-based program for young adults sponsored by All Saints’ Episcopal Church in South Hadley, Massachusetts. Recent college graduates live in intentional Christian community for ten months (September through June) while engaging in full-time social justice work in the surrounding area.
We seek an Assistant Program Director who is:
• professional and organized, effective at time management
• comfortable in a religious setting, and comfortable honoring diversity
• efficient and self-motivated, able to complete work without constant supervision
• coachable and able to learn our procedures and programs
• able to multitask and complete projects on a deadline
• able to maintain professional boundaries
• working effectively with young adults
• planning and leading worship, engaging others in leading worship
• experience with preaching a plus
• coordinating with area non-profit agencies, advocating for program and participants
• ability to share the story of a program, recruiting
• experience with Google documents and Google calendars
• comfort supporting individuals and communities in spiritual practices
• familiarity with the Eucharistic liturgy and liturgical calendar
Duties Include (but are not limited to):
• assist Director in recruiting and supporting interns
• assist Director in recruiting and supporting placement agencies
• meet regularly with interns and support program of spiritual formation and discernment
• create standard agreements between interns, placement agencies, and parish
• create manual for Lawrence House interns and board members
• monitor intern placements, including visiting placement sites 3 times per year
• conduct exit interviews with interns and agencies
• work directly with Lawrence House board
• oversee (with office support) administrative aspects of the program, including budget, invoicing, payroll
• oversee (with sexton and property committee support) facility management issues, including identifying and addressing repairs and maintenance needs
• act as liaison between Lawrence House program and All Saints’ Church
• All parish staff members serve at the pleasure of the Rector and answer directly to the Rector.
• All parish staff members must submit to a local, state, and national background check prior to employment and periodically throughout time of employment, and remain current on abuse and harassment prevention training.
• All parish staff members participate in an annual performance review.
• When necessary to travel to training or to get supplies, the Program Director shall be reimbursed for mileage at the standard IRS mileage rate.
• The Program Director occasionally may be asked to attend special events at compensation at the normal rate.
• The Program Director’s employment with the parish is on an at-will basis and may be ended at any time by either party.
• The Program Director may not be a parishioner of All Saints’ Episcopal Church in South Hadley, Massachusetts.
Times of Work & Leave
• The Program Director’s schedule shall be up to 10 hours per week, with some flexibility in establishing a regular schedule.
• After 12 weeks of consecutive service, the Program Director shall have the following holidays off at full compensation for the normal shift time: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
• The Program Director shall receive 2 weeks of paid vacation time (at 10 hours per week) each year, accrued one week for every 6 months worked. Vacation time accrued must be used at the end of each calendar year and may not be carried over to the following year, except by advance permission from the Rector.
• The Program Director may not work beyond the specified work schedule unless expressly authorized by the Rector.
• Personal time off may be taken at the discretion of the Rector.
• In the event that the Rector leaves the parish, the Program Director shall answer directly to the Vestry, specifically the Senior Warden, until such time as a new Rector or Priest-in-Charge takes over.
• Interested persons should apply directly to the Rector, The Rev. Tanya Wallace, by sending a résumé and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• If invited to interview, candidates will be asked to bring a list of three references familiar with the candidate. At least two of these should be familiar with the candidate’s professional work.
We look forward to hearing from you!